The N93 has improved camera capabilities compared with the earlier N90. The phone has a 3.2 megapixel camera, Carl Zeiss optics and 3x optical zoom as well as a 30 fps VGA-resolution MPEG-4 video recording capability. It was the most advanced camera phone from Nokia at the time of its release.
- DVD-like video capture at 30 frames per second in the MPEG-4 format at VGA resolution
- 3.2 MP camera with Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar optics and flash
- 320 x 240 pixels, 262,144 colors 2.4” display
- 3 times optical zoom / 20 times digital zoom
- direct TV out connectivity
- easy video creation and burning to DVD with Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0
- digital image stabilization
- close up mode
- Visual Radio
- 50MB memory, 64MB RAM, up to 2GB mini SD card storage (90 minutes of "DVD-like" video)
- Dual ARM 11 332 MHz CPU
- Infrared and Bluetooth
- WLAN (b and g), 3G (WCDMA 2100 MHz), EDGE and GSM (900/1800/1900 MHz) networks
- Java MIDP 2.0
- Adobe Flash Lite 1.1 preinstalled (Supports Flash Lite 2.1 and Flash Lite 3.0 developer editions)
- Symbian application support
- UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) support
- Comes standard with a full Web browser
- Fully HW accelerated PowerVR 3D graphics from Imagination Technologies (including OpenGL ES 1.1 and M3G, see JBenchmark)
- Push to Talk over Cellular (PoC)
The N93 started shipping on July 24th, 2006.
As well as coming in 2 colours, pearl black and silver, there will also be a Nokia N93 Golf Edition which is preloaded with Pro Session Golf software to help improve golf skills. Also there was a Mission: Impossible III edition which included a memory card preloaded with the movie and a Mission: Impossible III theme.
- In the skateboarding game Tony Hawks Project 8, the phone the player uses is a Nokia N93, and also one of the messages the player gets throughout the game is an advertisement for the golf instructional video.
- Musician Rob Dickinson shot the entire video for his single "Oceans" on a Nokia N93. 
- In The Bourne Ultimatum, the CIA agents looking for Bourne use Nokia N93s throughout the movie, holding them alongside their handguns, and with a real time video link to the CIA coordination room.
- In Rendition, Jake Gyllenhaal's character in the movie can be seen using a N93
- In Pharrel Williams' music video for "That Girl", he is seen using the N93 throughout the video