A revision of the N95, called N95 8GB (N95-2, internally known as RM-320), was announced on August 21, 2007, and put on market in October 2007.
The changes compared to the regular version are:
- 8 GB separate internal memory
- Larger display (up from Template:Convert to 2.8").
- 128 MB RAM (up from 64MB), 95MB available.
- Demand paging (although the N95 supports this too, since firmware version 20.0.015)
- 1200 mAh battery (BL-6F), up from 950 mAh
- Cosmetic changes to media and front-panel buttons
- New model of handsfree/remote control, AD-54 (as opposed to AD-43 for previous N95 versions)
- New multimedia menu, with Nokia's Ovi content integration
- Built-in Automatic Screen Rotation (ASR) in software versions v20.0.016 onwards for the N95 8GB version and from v30.0.015 for N95-1, respectively.
- Black faceplate instead of the original silver.
- Pixel density is 142 dpi, compared to 153 dpi for the N95; this is due to the larger display but with the same resolution (QVGA)
- MicroSD slot removed
- Slider protecting camera lens removed to make room for the larger battery; the camera application is now started by holding down the shutter release button
- Removal of built-in video editor (later added with the firmware upgrades)
- Mass: 128 g, up 8 g from 120 g
Versions comparison Edit
| N95 8 GB|
| N95 NAM|
| N95 8 GB NAM|
| N95 CHINA|
| N95 8 GB CHINA|
|Release date||March 2007||August 2007||November 2007||January 2008||February 2008||February 2008|
|WCDMA frequencies||2100 MHz||850/2100 MHz||850/1900 MHz||850/1900 MHz||none||none|
|Internal Dynamic Memory (RAM)||64 MB||128 MB||128 MB||128 MB||128 MB||128 MB|
|Internal Flash Memory||160 MB||8 GB||160 MB||8 GB||160 MB||8 GB|
|Memory card slot||micro SD/SDHC||none||micro SD/SDHC||none||micro SD/SDHC||none|
|Battery||950 mAh||1200 mAh||1200 mAh||1200 mAh||1200 mAh||1200 mAh|
|Talk time (GSM)||4 hr||5 hr||5 hr||5 hr||5 hr||5 hr|
|Standby time (GSM)||9.3 days||11.6 days||12 days||12 days||10.5 days||12 days|
|Screen||diagonal 2.6"||diagonal 2.8"||diagonal 2.6"||diagonal 2.8"||diagonal 2.6"||diagonal 2.8"|
|Mass||120 g||128 g||124 g||128 g||124 g||128 g|
|Camera lens cover||yes||no||no||no||yes||no|
See also Edit
- Official Nokia N95 Technical Specifications (forums.nokia.com version)
- Official Nokia N95 8GB Technical Specifications (forums.nokia.com version)
- Official Nokia N95-3 North America Technical Specifications (forums.nokia.com version)
- Official Nokia N95 Product Page
- Official Nokia N95 Support Page
- Official Nokia Press Release
- Exclusive Interview with Tejas Rao, Director of Technology at Nokia Canada – MobileSyrup.com
- Texas Instrument OMAP 2420
- Nokia N95 8G at WikiSpecs
- Geocaching with Nokia N95 and Geocache Navigator – geocaching.com
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.