The Nokia Tune is the most famous Nokia ringtone that is included on all Nokia phones starting with the Nokia 2110 in 1994. It has gone through many changes over the years, and the most recent version is the one used from 2018 to present.
Phones with this ringtone
- All Nokia cellular phones, except for phones released before 1994.
This is perhaps, the most famous Nokia tune. It was first included on the Nokia 2110 as "Type 7". From this phase until late 1997, ringtones were not given names, and this tone was often "Type 13" or "Type 5", depending on phone. On the Nokia 8110, it is "Type 8". When the Nokia 6110 came out in 1997, ringtones were named, this specific one being called "Grande valse". The next year, the ringtone's name was changed to "Nokia tune" on the Nokia 5190. This ringtone comes in the .nrt format. The last phone to include this type was the Nokia 1100 in 2003.
A few variations to this were included on some phones.
- On the Nokia 2110 and a few others, the key was in G major.
- Starting with the Nokia 3110 (1997), the key was changed to A major, which is the most well-known one. This one was included on the Nokia 3310 and the Nokia 1100 just to name a few.
- The Nokia 3210 (1999) had the A-major key, but was up an octave.
- The Nokia 7110 (1999) had the tune in C-major.
- The Nokia 9000 Communicator (1996) and Nokia 9120 Communicator (2001) had the key in A-major and an octave higher than normal, but a different, more clearer Soundfont.
This version of the Nokia tune was first included on the Nokia 3510, which was also the first phone with polyphonic ringtones. The key remains in A major. This one is in the MIDI format (.mid), and was also included on phones such as the Nokia 3510i, Nokia 6060, etc. The last phone to use this type was the Nokia 7070 Prism (2008).
- The Nokia 3650 (2002) sounds exactly like the MIDI file played in a Windows computer.
- The Nokia 3220 (2004) has a more chimy sounding version of this.